Lifting up the state one organization at a time
We created the Elevate Grant to help our nonprofit partners address a number of pressing needs. In addition to receiving funds, grant winners also participate in workshops during the year they receive the grant.
How we evaluate Elevate Grant candidates
The Elevate Grant always meets the following criteria:
- The applying project or program leverages collaboration between partner resources and networks.
- The applying project or program helps achieve organizational and financial stability, program quality and growth for the applying organization.
- The applying project or program can be replicated.
- The applying project or program incorporates volunteerism.
- The applying project or program reflects a different approach to engaging poverty issues.
- The applying project or program has not benefited from one of our other grant opportunities.
- Organization name and address.
- Name, email address and telephone number for the primary contact person.
- EIN/Tax ID number.
- A brief summary of the history, mission and staff size of the organization.
- A complete list of the organization’s board of directors and/or trustees.
- A one-paragraph summary of the specific project or program affected by the grant.
- A list of other contributors to the project or program, along with dollar amounts (if applicable).
As you move through the application process, you will be asked for specific information about your organization, along with various files to attach. We recommend you draft this information prior to beginning the online process, as there is not a feature to save your progress.
- Actual grant request with a cover letter outlining goals, objectives and specific needs addressed if you were to receive the grant. Include an implementation plan and timeline with an outline for any activities planned in the near future and achievements thus far
- Project budget with an evaluation plan with specific criteria for judging the effectiveness
- A copy of the program’s most recent audited financial statement or three consecutive years of the Form 990
- A copy of the program’s current operating budget
- A copy of the program’s Section 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter.
Note: Attachments can be in a number of different file formats. MSWord (.doc, .docx), MSExcel (.xls, .xlsx) and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) are the preferred formats.
How we’d like to see Elevate Grants used
Elevate Grants span all of our focus areas and afford us the opportunity to answer needs not explicitly addressed by our other grant opportunities. We think of them as “game changers” for the organizations to which they are awarded.