As you move through the application process, you will be asked for specific information about your organization, along with various files to attach. We recommend you draft this information prior to beginning the online process, as there is not a feature to save your progress.
- Organization name and address
- Name, email address and telephone number for the primary contact person
- EIN/Tax ID number
- A brief summary of the history, mission and staff size of the organization
- A complete list of the organization’s board of directors and/or trustees
- A one-paragraph summary of the specific project or program impacted by the grant
- A list of other contributors to the project or program, along with dollar amounts (if applicable)
- On the last page of the application, you will be asked to attach specific files.
- Actual grant request with a cover letter outlining goals, objectives and specific needs addressed if you were to receive the grant. Include an implementation plan and timeline with an outline for any activities planned in the near future and achievements thus far.
- Project budget with an evaluation plan with specific criteria for judging the effectiveness
- A copy of the program’s most recent audited financial statement or three (3) consecutive years of the Form 990
- A copy of the program’s current operating budget
- A copy of the program’s Section 501(c)(3) IRS determination letter
Note: Attachments can be in a number of different file formats. MSWord (.doc, .docx), MSExcel (.xls, .xlsx), and Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) are the preferred formats for attachments.